Bright Young Parties
Terms & Conditions
Whilst we work on a very informal basis, it would seem the right thing to do to have a list of terms and conditions, even for parties!
We know it’s the boring stuff but please take time to have a read through.
Once a party is booked with Bright Young Parties, it is booked. We will be there. We have been working with and entertaining children for over 8 years and never, ever let anyone down. We have been in this business for a long time and reputation is everything.
- Bright Young Parties provide a service to our client to prepare and organise parties for a pre-arranged amount of children or party package at the clients home or where required at other suitable venues.
- We take preliminary bookings either by phone, e-mail, or via social messages, which must be confirmed within 7 days.
- A £50 deposit is required to secure your booking which is banked and deducted from the total price of the party.
- £25 of the deposit is non-returnable should you cancel the party at any time. Any remainder of the deposit will be returned to you should the cancellation be made 4 weeks or more before the date of the party. Cancellations after this time will forfeit the full deposit. We will of course work with you where possible to secure an alternative date should you wish.
- The booking form once returned to us is your confirmation of the party booking. A party booking is NOT CONFIRMED until we receive your deposit AND booking form. We reserve the right to book another party over the preliminary booking if the deposit has not been paid within the timescale required. The final balance may be paid 14 days prior by cheque, online payment, BACS transfer or in cash. Please make cheques payable to Bright Young Things Drama. All bookings will be confirmed via email upon receipt of deposit.
- Due to other bookings on the same day, it is very important the agreed start and finish times are adhered to. Should you, on the day, wish the Party Leader to start later or remain longer, this is at the discretion of the entertainer. Of course, we can move start times around in advance for no cost (if they do not affect other bookings).
- We will usually contact you a couple of days prior to the event to check any last-minute arrangements and give you peace of mind that all is set. However feel free to contact us at any time. It’s hugely important that we receive a mobile number we can contact you on the day if necessary.
Cancellations and Delays
- If some terrible unforeseeable event occurred meaning our Party Leader could not attend, we would firstly inform you as soon as possible and return any monies to you (in this case including the full deposit). However, as we have a large team of facilitators it would be a very unusual occurrence that we could not provide an alternative leader.
- In the very unlikely event that due to an unforeseen incident we are unexpectedly late and arrive after the party start time (this has to date never happened to put things into perspective,) we may offer a respective discount or continue for the same amount of time afterwards if possible.
- We use satellite navigation and plan our routes in advance to insure arriving within plenty of time, however, if you do know of any planned events or road works in your area that may affect us on the day, please let us know as this will be very helpful.
Snow and Ice
- Although we would expect our party entertainers to make every effort to get to a party, we cannot put them at risk, and if they deem it too dangerous to get to your party we have to support them in their decision. In this event, you will be refunded any monies.
- It is the responsibility for the customer to provide the team with a parking space close to the venue and where required, cover the cost of parking.
- We will need to be at the venue at least 30 minutes prior to the party.
- We will require at least 1 parking space (depending on the number of staff attending) for the duration of the party.
- If you are aware of any parking restrictions, such as residents parking, pay and display, or time limits please advise us when booking your party.
- If parking is not near your house or venue we will also need to unload/load before and after the party.
- Bright Young Parties shall not have any liability to the client for any loss, damage, costs or expenses which the client suffers or incurs arising out of the event unless arising out of gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Bright Young Parties.
- Liability to the client arising by or in connection with this Agreement shall in any event be limited to the estimated or final booking value. Accidental damage to the property at the event should be covered by the clients own insurance and no claim will be accepted by Bright Young Parties which hereby excludes any liability for any such loss.
We will not accept any liability and shall not be liable for non-completion of the event or for any delays arising as a result of:
- Bad weather
- Loss, damage or cancellation due to fire, floods or any other cause beyond its reasonable control
We don’t hold the cake!!
We have never had an accident thankfully, whenever we have been asked to hold the cake, but we only hold the cake at a parents request and take no responsibility whatsoever if something were to go wrong.
Health and Safety
- Children are your responsibility! We provide the entertainment but we ask that parents and carers remember that the children are their responsibility at all times.
- Children must be fully supervised by their parents/guardian/party hosts during the duration of the party.
- Bright Young Parties will not be responsible for any accident or injury that may happen due to the negligence of the child/parent/party hosts during the party.
- Whilst we risk assess all our activities and make them as safe as possible we accept no liability for loss, injury or damage sustained whilst we are present.
- The crafts and activities included in the entertainment is appropriate for ages 3 and older, children younger than 3 cannot participate in these activities unless they have 1-1 parent or carer supervision.
- The parent or caregiver is responsible at all times for the general supervision of children within the party venue whether at home or at any other premises, for the supervision of exits, and for ensuring that children only leave the party venue with their own parent or guardian.
- Our responsibility is strictly limited to the supervision of party activities provided by us.
- It is the responsibility of the client to make sure that there is at least (1) parent per (15) children responsible for the conduct of the children. Although our team will use their reasonable efforts to motivate and excite the children it is not their or our duty to discipline or control bad behaviour.
- We will require ALL consent forms fully completed including signatures and contact numbers before the party begins.
- All allergies, ailments, infestations or viruses of guests or clients, which may affect the party in any way must be reported prior to the party date.
We also ask the main contact of the party
Have you considered a safe ratio of children/adults? A good ratio is 1-15. The consent forms provided are a handy way of keeping track of how many children have arrived and taking notes of parents contact numbers in case of any emergency.
- Quite often the sweets we hand out have gelatine in them. We ask that parents make their children known to us at the beginning of the party if their child has sensitivities and/or doesn’t eat gelatine so we do not inadvertently compromise their wellbeing. It is advantageous if the person organising the party acquires this information via the invitation RSVP slip. We operate a No Nuts policy and therefore will never bring nuts with us into a party environment
Ensuring everything is safe, professional yet fun is what we pride ourselves on so the following policies and legal requirements are met. If your chosen venue requires any of these documents or you would like to see them, please just contact us and we will be happy to provide copies of any or all for your peace of mind.
We have a full risk assessment. Photography, images and social media policies. We have full liability, employer’s liability, product liability and events insurance.
We offer a full 100% money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied with our service and we are the only party entertainer in Northern Ireland that offers this policy guarantee. We have never been asked, but its there as a reassurance to you!
We want our customers to be completely satisfied when using our services but please feel free to contact us at any time with any concerns you have got and we can quickly resolve any issue or problem you have. If you do need to contact us with any complaints, and if you wish a full refund we kindly request that you put your complaint in writing within 7 days to claim your full refund.
You can reach us in any of the following ways:-
Telephone us on : 07572 235400
Message us on Facebook : www.facebook.com/brightyoungparties
Email us : [email protected]