Are you a self-starter who is highly creative?
Are you highly organised and a problem solver?
Do you want to join a children’s organisation at an exciting time in their development?
Do you want a highly fulfilling role where you can make a real difference, but wish to have more flexibility?
If this is you, then we would love to hear from you.
MARKETING AND OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
An exciting opportunity exists for a creative and ambitious individual to join the growing Bright Young Things team to assist in the marketing and general operations of Bright Young Things. This is a part-time role, 16 hours per week on a permanent basis, with an opportunity for flexible home working for part of the week for the right candidate. Bright Young Things is a rewarding, exciting and creative small company. We want to find an individual to invest in long-term and grow with us in a passionate and driven way.
- With kindness, promptness, knowledge and professionalism, responsible for dealing with all customer enquiries via phone, email, live chat and social media
- Managing the BYT WordPress and eCommerce booking website, working closely with the web development company on technical and customer experience enhancements that are required.
- Manage all administration and fee collection associated with class registrations and payments
- Lead the development of creative marketing and communication campaigns.
- Development of high-quality marketing materials and literature, using online software, such as Canva, or working with a graphic designer where required.
- Managing the development and optimization of a social media content calendar, and optimising across Instagram, facebook and LinkedIn to maximise engagement.
- Briefing videographer on any strategic video content requirements and developing simple in-house videos for regular social content.
- Developing ideas for Press and Publicity working directly with local press
- Managing regular lead generation email marketing campaigns
- Managing the ordering and delivery process for all BYT branded merchandise
- Liaising with and briefing as required all suppliers, including merchandise, printers etc.
- Liaison with BYT team to gather appropriate content for social media content.
- Liaison with venues and schools as required.
- Administer and file policies and company documentation
- Supporting BYT Director as required by sourcing and organising workshop material – scripts, images, props etc
- Prepare monthly report for BYT Director.
- Minimum of two-years’ work experience in an office or marketing role is required.
- Minimum of one year’s demonstrable marketing experience including digital marketing experience essential
- Demonstrable experience of proficiently managing administration projects
- Experience dealing with the public
- Demonstrable experience of working independently.
- Excellent written and oral skills: You will be required to write online and hard copy content for campaigns, and to respond to customer and supplier communication regularly, face to face, via social channels, via email or on the phone
- IT skills: You will need to have strong administration skills, with competency on WordPress, using MS Office packages and online tools such as Mailchimp, Canva and other simple tools to support the development of digital content
- Organisational skills: You will have to work on multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Educated to minimum A-level
- English GCSE
- Third level qualification in a marketing or business-related subject
- Digital marketing qualification
- Great interpersonal skills – A positive, professional and personable manner, and an ability to work well with a team and with children and parents from Bright Young Things
- Highly adaptable and independent worker – A problem solver and self-starter who uses initiative and creative thinking to work independently and with confidence when representing Bright Young Things
- Creative Thinker who can apply creative solutions to both marketing programmes as well as general operations solutions
- Passion and Commitment – To the core values of BYT and the goal of developing children and making a difference
To apply, send your CV and covering letter stating why you would be a perfect addition to the BYT Family, to [email protected] by Friday 7th December. Position to commence early 2019.
Application Deadline: Friday 7th December.
Interview Date: Tuesday 18th December (tbc)
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview.