BYT Workshop Volunteer
Weekly Workshops and Summer Camps
Do you want to work with children, use your creative talents and make a difference in the lives of children and young people?
Perhaps you are thinking of a career in the arts or in education and want hands-on, invaluable work experience and a fantastic credit for your CV. Maybe you want to find a fun and creative way to add to your Duke of Edinburgh volunteer activities log?
Bright Young Things welcome workshop volunteers as we gain your fantastic enthusiasm and creativity and you gain vital and fun experience.
What you could be working on:
- Weekly workshops and events
- Summer Camps
- Community Projects
- Input to quarterly planning for each term’s scheme of work
- Creative input to workshop briefing
- Work shadowing and supporting our team of experienced facilitators in each drama workshop in areas such as movement, music, physical theatre, devising, improvisation and text work.
- Encouraging children to participate in group and individual activities
- Being aware of individual children’s needs during workshops while facilitators are leading the whole group, for eg: toilets, upset, encouraging, explaining
- Meeting and greeting parents
- Creative direction in small group activities
- Inclusion in all training and development opportunities
- Feedback on facilitation skills
*All volunteers will receive a full Access NI certificate and safeguarding training.*
Application through the online application form only.
Please state which roles you are applying for. Upload your CV and a cover letter within the application, which tells us why you want to work for Bright Young Things, and what you will bring to the BYT Team.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Recruitment and Selection Dates to be confirmed.